Our Annual Walk-A-Thon was a huge success!! Mother Nature graced us with a wonderful Fall day!! Pictured above are some of our pledge winners!! From left to right, Lilly, representing Grade 6, who brought in the first Business Sponsor, won a Movie Party for her class. Lawrence, from Grade 2, won a Toys R Us Gift Card, ( raffle prize), Emily from Kindergarten, turned in the most pledges (winner of a Kindle Fire HD), and Giancarlo, Gr. 7 , won a Barnes and Noble Gift Card (raffle prize).
We are still tallying our final pledges, but we are very close to our goal of $14,000!! We thank Mrs. Gina Foster for all of her hard work in making this a wonderful event for all. We thank all the parents, grandparents, and friends who walked with us.
All classes were treated with a visit by the Mr. Softee Ice Cream truck!
- Our Annual Fund Kick Off is Sunday, November 2nd, 2014. We begin with a Celebration of the Eucharist at 11:00 A.M. Following mass, families are welcome to enjoy a complimentary buffet, catered by Madi and Mia’s of New Haven. Please RSVP to the office at 203-288-6792 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dress Down Day: Thursday, October 23rd. We will sponsor a Dress Down Day this Thursday. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, students are asked to wear something Pink. The cost is $1.00 and all proceeds will benefit the “Get In Touch Foundation.”
- Picture Day: Friday, October 24th. All students MUST BE IN THEIR WINTER UNIFORM for pictures. (Pre-K will receive special instructions from Mrs. Spilka).
- All students must be in their Winter Uniform as of Monday, October 27th. Brown or Black dress shoes, NO BOOTS or SNEAKERS allowed with Winter Uniform. Please adhere to the Parent/Student Handbook for Dress Code. This can be found under the “Parents” tab under documents.
- Grade 6-8: Their Annual Fall dance will be held from 7:00 P.M-10:00 P.M. Chaperones are needed. If you would like to chaperone, parents must be VIRTUS trained. Please contact the office for more information.
- Halloween “Spook-tacular”: Sunday, October 26th, from 3:00 P.M-5:30 P.M, students will “trick or treat” through the halls, and enjoy a fun party afterwards. Please RSVP by Friday, October 24th, if you would like to attend. We need volunteers to help with concessions and trick or treating!! So if you can spare some time, please let us know.
Students in Mrs. Delvecchio’s Fourth Grade class have decided to lay their “dull words to rest”!! With the help of a Thesaurus, 4th graders found new ways to “liven up” their words. Thanks to Jordan and Zaire for demonstrating how this was done. We’re sure Mrs. Delvecchio’s class had a great time find ways to expand their vocabulary!!
Here are your weekly reminders:
- Our Walk-A-Thon will be held Monday, October 20th. We are looking forward to a wonderful day! Please note: ALL permission slips with a minimum $10.00 donation to participate MUST be handed in, in order for your child to take part in the walk.
- The 6-8 Grade Dance will be held on Friday, October 24th from 7:00 PM-10:00 PM. Tickets will be sold at school during lunch.
- Our Annual “Halloween Spook-tacular” is Sunday, October 26th from 3:00-5:30 PM. Students in Pre-K through Grade 5 can “trick or treat” throughout the school. Students in Grade 6-8 may volunteer to hand out candy, while in costume! (Nothing too scary, though). Notices came home yesterday with your child and extra forms are available at the office.
- Picture Day: October 24th is picture day! All students MUST be in WINTER UNIFORMS on that day.
- We will be having a Dress Down Day on THURSDAY, OCTOBER 23RD. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, we ask that all students wear something PINK! The cost is $1.00 and all proceeds will go to the “Get In Touch Foundation”. For more information, you may visit their website at www.GetInTouchFoundation.org.
- SAVE THE DATE: We have 2 “Save The Date” events coming up! Our Annual Grandparents Day Concert will be held on Wednesday November 5th at 11:00 AM and Ruby Tuesday is hosting a Dine In event on Thursday, November 19th. Dine at Ruby Tuesday’s on that date and present the flyer and 20% of your total bill will go to Saint Stephen School! Flyers were handed out Oct 15. One per family, please. No coupons, reprints and please NO distributions of flyers in parking lot, per Ruby Tuesday’s Policy. Thank You
Mrs. Calamita’s Kindergarten class and Mrs. Soliwoda’s 3rd grade class recently took a field trip to Rose’s Orchard in North Branford. The children had lots of fun learning about and picking different types of apples, wandering through the hay maze, visiting with the various animals, and taking an exciting hayride through the orchard woods. It was a beautiful, warm autumn day that everyone enjoyed.