Here are your reminders/news for this week:
- Our Halloween “Spook-Tacular” was a great success!! Children were able to “trick or treat” through our school halls and enjoyed the festivities held in our gym. Many thanks to Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Pollio for all of their work in coordinating the event and to all the parents volunteered. Our families look forward to it every year!
- Walk-A-Thon update: We are happy to report that we have EXCEEDED our goal of $14,000!! The weather was beautiful and the children had a blast. The annual “Pig Race” was the highlight of the day! Kindergarten was victorious as their little piggie came in first place. Kindergarten won a Pizza Party!! Many thanks to Gina Foster for once again, for all her hard work and dedication to this event.
- Many thanks to all the families who have donated food to St. Joseph’s Residence, served by the Little Sisters of the Poor.
- Our Lego Robotics Team will compete on Saturday, November 22, 2014 at McGee Middle School in Berlin.
- Pizza Friday Orders came home on Monday, for November and December. Please return orders NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31ST. Extra order forms can be found here: Nov & Dec 2014 Pizza
- Parent Teacher Conferences will be held on Wednesday, November 12th and Thursday, November 13th. Teachers will send information home this week. Please make every effort to return slips to school by FRIDAY, OCTOBER 31ST to allow teachers ample time to schedule appointments.
Thank You and Have a Wonderful Week!
Mr. & Mrs. Anthony Testa and Mrs. & Mrs. Kevin Pollio were honored at the 37th Anniversary HOPES (Help Our Parish Elementary Schools) Dinner sponsored by the Office of Catholic Schools, Archdiocese of Hartford, and held at the Aqua Turf Club, Southington on September 28. The gathering of over 560 included pastors, principals and volunteer leaders representing several school constituencies – parents, grandparents, past parents, alumni and friends. One hundred and eleven representatives from 48 schools were honored with the 2014 St. John Neumann Award for Volunteer Service, in recognition of outstanding service to Catholic education at the parish school level.
They are pictured with Mrs. Maria Testa, Principal and Mrs. Mary Jane Brigantic, Grade 7 teacher.
Saint Stephen School held a “Pink” Dress Down Day on Thursday, October 23rd. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. To raise awareness, students were asked to donate $1.00 and dress in pink. Many students were more than generous with their donations. We thank parents and students for their continued support. All proceeds will go to the “Get Your Pink On Foundation”.
We thank Quincy, Christina, Michael, Jocelyn, Arianna and Emily for their contributions!
Our Annual Walk-A-Thon was a huge success!! Mother Nature graced us with a wonderful Fall day!! Pictured above are some of our pledge winners!! From left to right, Lilly, representing Grade 6, who brought in the first Business Sponsor, won a Movie Party for her class. Lawrence, from Grade 2, won a Toys R Us Gift Card, ( raffle prize), Emily from Kindergarten, turned in the most pledges (winner of a Kindle Fire HD), and Giancarlo, Gr. 7 , won a Barnes and Noble Gift Card (raffle prize).
We are still tallying our final pledges, but we are very close to our goal of $14,000!! We thank Mrs. Gina Foster for all of her hard work in making this a wonderful event for all. We thank all the parents, grandparents, and friends who walked with us.
All classes were treated with a visit by the Mr. Softee Ice Cream truck!
- Our Annual Fund Kick Off is Sunday, November 2nd, 2014. We begin with a Celebration of the Eucharist at 11:00 A.M. Following mass, families are welcome to enjoy a complimentary buffet, catered by Madi and Mia’s of New Haven. Please RSVP to the office at 203-288-6792 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dress Down Day: Thursday, October 23rd. We will sponsor a Dress Down Day this Thursday. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, students are asked to wear something Pink. The cost is $1.00 and all proceeds will benefit the “Get In Touch Foundation.”
- Picture Day: Friday, October 24th. All students MUST BE IN THEIR WINTER UNIFORM for pictures. (Pre-K will receive special instructions from Mrs. Spilka).
- All students must be in their Winter Uniform as of Monday, October 27th. Brown or Black dress shoes, NO BOOTS or SNEAKERS allowed with Winter Uniform. Please adhere to the Parent/Student Handbook for Dress Code. This can be found under the “Parents” tab under documents.
- Grade 6-8: Their Annual Fall dance will be held from 7:00 P.M-10:00 P.M. Chaperones are needed. If you would like to chaperone, parents must be VIRTUS trained. Please contact the office for more information.
- Halloween “Spook-tacular”: Sunday, October 26th, from 3:00 P.M-5:30 P.M, students will “trick or treat” through the halls, and enjoy a fun party afterwards. Please RSVP by Friday, October 24th, if you would like to attend. We need volunteers to help with concessions and trick or treating!! So if you can spare some time, please let us know.