Good Morning…here are your reminders for this week.
- Marketing Meeting: will held Monday, November 17th (TONIGHT) at 7:00 P.M. If you have any creative marketing/advertising ideas to help our school, please feel free to join us and share your ideas. If you are unable to attend, but have some suggestions or ideas to share, please contact the school, via email, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food Drive: Our Student Council is sponsoring their Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive to donate to area soup kitchens, KC 101 Stuff-A-Bus and the Hamden Food Bank. Please do what you can to help those less fortunate this Thanksgiving holiday.
- Ruby Tuesday Dine In Event: Wednesday, November 19th. Please present flyer to your server and Saint Stephen School will receive 20% off your total bill. Flyer can be printed up here: RUBY•TUESDAY_20141104074718
- Parents Night Out: Saint Stephen School is hosting a child care event on Saturday, December 6th from 6:00-9:00 P.M. This will feature Arts and Crafts, Pasta dinner (w. salad) games, movie and popcorn! If you need a night out to do some Christmas shopping, or you just need a break, this is a great opportunity. Details can be found here: ParentsNightOut_20141117101516ParentsNightOut_20141117101516.
Our reminders for the week:
- Friday, November 14th is a half day of school. We will have a 12:25 P.M. dismissal. The After School program WILL BE IN SESSION beginning at 12:30. Please pay accordingly.
- Saint Stephen Church is presenting a free movie night on Friday, November 14th. The movie, “Heaven Is For Real” (rated PG) will be shown in the gym at 6:30 PM. Please refer to www.mpaa.org for rating information.
- Don’t forget our Ruby Tuesday’s Dine In Event on Thursday, November 19th!! Additional flyers are available here: RUBY•TUESDAY_20141104074718
- MARKETING MEETING: Monday, November 17th at 7:00 P.M. All parents are invited to come and share any thoughts/ideas with us to help “spread the word” about Saint Stephen School. We are looking for marketing/advertising or any other thoughts or ideas you’d like to share. Please contact the office if you’d like to attend. If you are unable to attend, but have some ideas please forward VIA EMAIL your suggestions to email@example.com.
The children in Mrs. Calamita’s Kindergarten class celebrated Halloween on Friday, October 31, 2014, with a wonderful party. The children played a Halloween game, enjoyed Halloween music, danced and laughed with each other, ate lots and lots of Halloween goodies, took pictures with their friends, and watched a Halloween movie. It was a great day with lots of fun and excitement that everyone enjoyed.
Our Annual Fund Kick Off began with a Celebration of the Eucharist, followed by brunch, catered by Madi and Mia’s of New Haven. We thank those families who joined us as we continued our 50th Anniversary Celebration. Here, Mrs. Testa, is pictured with some Alumni of Saint Stephen School. We thank Mr. and Mrs. Ponte, Grade 1 parents , for providing such delicious food. As we begin our 2014-2015 Annual Fund Drive, we would like to thank all of you for your continued support and dedication to our school.
- Grandparents Day Concert: Our Grandparents Day Concert is Wednesday, November 5th beginning at 11:00 AM.
- NO SCHOOL ON TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 11TH IN HONOR OF VETERAN’S DAY.
- Conferences: Parent/Teacher conferences will be held on Wednesday, November 12th and Thursday, November 13th, unless otherwise specified by your child’s teacher. Please be sure to return appointment slips ASAP to allow teachers ample time to schedule appointments. Confirmations will be sent home this week via your child’s teacher. Please contact the teachers if you have any questions regarding conferences.
- Report Cards: will come home on November 10th.
- Food Drive: Our Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive is underway. We will be accepting non perishable food donations until November 21st. All donations will be distributed to area soup kitchens and charities, including KC 101′s “Stuff-A-Bus”. If you would like to donate a frozen turkey, please do so on Monday, November 10th.
- Reminders: Friday, November 14th is a half day. Dismissal is at 12:25 PM.The After School program WILL BE AVAILABLE. A gentle reminder to pay accordingly.
- Our Ruby Tuesday’s Dine In Event will be held on Wednesday, November 19th. Flyers were sent home earlier this month. In case it’s been misplaced, you may print it out here: RUBY•TUESDAY_20141104074718