Congratulations to our Boys Varsity Basketball Team for winning the Greater New Haven Parochial Athletic League Championship!!! They played an exciting game against St. Rita’s. The final score was 49-56. Our Wildcats will now advance to the State Tournament!! We will keep you posted and you can always log onto www.https://www.eteamz.com/GNHPAL/ for more information.
Hello Saint Stephen School Families,
Here are your reminders/news items for this week:
March Calendar is available here:March 2014 Calendar
- Our Yankee Candle Fundraiser is now taking place. This fundraiser will run until March 24th. This is an optional fundraiser where 40% of the total sales will be donated right back to our school. Pick up some items for Mother’s Day or stock up on your favorites and help our school at the same time!!
- Our Annual Phone-A-Thon will take place on Thursday, March 6, 2014 from 6:00 PM-8:00 PM. Please consider donating to our Annual Fund, if you haven’t done so already. Saint Stephen School depends on the Annual Fund to help make enhancements to our school as well as help defray operating expenses. In the past, the Annual Fund has allowed to make safety upgrades and enhance our technology as well as enrich our academic programs.
- Mrs. Bright, Girls Varsity Basketball coach, will hold a Spring Basketball Clinic for the Month of March. This is open to all girls in Grades 6 & 7. Clinics will be held every Tuesday in March (starting March 4th) from 3:00-4:00 PM.
- The Drama Club will meet This Wednesday, March 5th from 3-5 PM. Ms. Egan will take over as Drama Club director and has decided on the production of “Annie”. Please be sure to return the permission slips that were handed out to all our players last week.
- This Wednesday we enter the Lenten season with Ash Wednesday. Mass will be held at 9:00 AM. All families are welcome to attend.
- Sports News: Congratulations to our Boys Varsity Basketball Team for winning the Greater New Haven Parochial Athletic League Championship. The boys beat St. Rita’s by a score of 49-56!! The Wildcats will now advance to the State Tournament to be held at St. Paul’s Catholic High School in Bristol. Visit www.eteamz.com/GNHPAL for more information on tournament dates and directions. COME SUPPORT YOUR WILDCATS!!
Hello Saint Stephen School Families,
We hope you were able to enjoy some of the beautiful Spring-like weather we’ve had this past weekend! It certainly was a welcomed respite from the cold temperatures and all this snow! Below are your reminders for this week:
- Friendly’s restaurant, located in Target Plaza on Universal Drive in North Haven is hosting a “Dine-IN” event for Saint Stephen School. Dine at Friendly’s today (this is an all day event) and present the vouchers you have received last week. Saint Stephen School will collect 20% of your total check!! So treat the kids after school, or better yet, treat MOM to dinner!!
- Pizza Friday order forms for the month of March are coming home today. If needed, you may download one here:Pizza March 2014
- Saint Stephen School will host a “Dress Down Day” on Friday, February 28th. The cost is $1.00 and all proceeds will go towards the Hamden/North Haven chapter of “Relay for Life.” Please visit their website: www.relayforlife.org.
- Calendar changes: Please note the following changes to our school calendar. On Friday, March 14th will now be a FULL DAY of school. This is a previous change from an early dismissal. Also, on Monday, April 21st, SCHOOL WILL BE IN SESSION. This is a change from a previous day off (Easter Monday). If your child will not be in school on Monday (due to previous vacation plans) please let the office know.
- Sports News: Congratulations to our Boys Varsity Basketball team for making it into the State Tournament!! Their first playoff game will be tonight at 7:00 PM at St. Lawrence School in West Haven vs. St. Rita School. Please come and support our boys and GO WILDCATS!!
- Lastly, Many thanks to all our parents who have responded to our Annual Fund mailing this past Fall. While we’ll make calls during our Phonathon next week, if you have not yet made a contribution, but would like to, please send your tax-deductable check marked “Annual Fund” to the attention of Mrs. Testa (gifts of all sizes help!). If you are willing to make phone calls with us, we’d love to see you at the Phonathon held at school between 6-8 PM on Thursday, March 6.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to respond.Thank you!