Mrs. Delvecchio’s Grade 4 class have disguised some Turkeys to save them from becoming dinner on Thanksgiving!! Students dressed up their friends like Maleficent, Neymar Jr., Minnie Mouse, Ninja Turtles, a bride, a princess, basketball players and more.
Happy Thanksgiving from Grade 4.
The Saint Stephen School Wildcat Wizards competed in their First LEGO League World Class challenge this past Saturday. We are very proud of each of our members. Their time and dedication earned the team the “Single Run Specialist Award.” This plaque will proudly be displayed in our award showcase. The robot the team build accomplished the most tasks on a single run. Each Wizard learned the value of team work, they utilized their critical problem solving skills and experienced the fact that it takes a lot of hard work to attain a desired goal.
Many thanks to Ms. Claire Mitchell, grade 6 teacher, for all her hard work and dedication to the Lego Robotics Team.
Good Morning…here are your reminders for this week.
- Marketing Meeting: will held Monday, November 17th (TONIGHT) at 7:00 P.M. If you have any creative marketing/advertising ideas to help our school, please feel free to join us and share your ideas. If you are unable to attend, but have some suggestions or ideas to share, please contact the school, via email, at email@example.com.
- Food Drive: Our Student Council is sponsoring their Annual Thanksgiving Food Drive to donate to area soup kitchens, KC 101 Stuff-A-Bus and the Hamden Food Bank. Please do what you can to help those less fortunate this Thanksgiving holiday.
- Ruby Tuesday Dine In Event: Wednesday, November 19th. Please present flyer to your server and Saint Stephen School will receive 20% off your total bill. Flyer can be printed up here: RUBY•TUESDAY_20141104074718
- Parents Night Out: Saint Stephen School is hosting a child care event on Saturday, December 6th from 6:00-9:00 P.M. This will feature Arts and Crafts, Pasta dinner (w. salad) games, movie and popcorn! If you need a night out to do some Christmas shopping, or you just need a break, this is a great opportunity. Details can be found here: ParentsNightOut_20141117101516ParentsNightOut_20141117101516.
Our reminders for the week:
- Friday, November 14th is a half day of school. We will have a 12:25 P.M. dismissal. The After School program WILL BE IN SESSION beginning at 12:30. Please pay accordingly.
- Saint Stephen Church is presenting a free movie night on Friday, November 14th. The movie, “Heaven Is For Real” (rated PG) will be shown in the gym at 6:30 PM. Please refer to www.mpaa.org for rating information.
- Don’t forget our Ruby Tuesday’s Dine In Event on Thursday, November 19th!! Additional flyers are available here: RUBY•TUESDAY_20141104074718
- MARKETING MEETING: Monday, November 17th at 7:00 P.M. All parents are invited to come and share any thoughts/ideas with us to help “spread the word” about Saint Stephen School. We are looking for marketing/advertising or any other thoughts or ideas you’d like to share. Please contact the office if you’d like to attend. If you are unable to attend, but have some ideas please forward VIA EMAIL your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.